“Ulundu Inipu Paniyaram or Urad Dal Sweet Paniyaram is made using just 5 ingredients, this recipe is highly nutritious.”
Urad dal paniyaram which is a sweet version. It needs just a handful of ingredients. This recipe is a instant version and can be made in under 5 mins.
I added jaggery which is organic which is clean and already powdered. So i added it as it is. If you are using the palm jaggery which you are not so unsure of the quality, you must boil it in water and then strain and use. This is a must step to follow.
Urad dal is one of the healthy and nutritious grain. Rich in protein, fat and carbohydrates, urad dal is fully loaded with many health benefits. Specially girl children should consume urad dal often. Atleast weekly three to four times.
This dal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B. Urad dal is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse. Urad dal is also rich in fiber which makes it easy to digest. Some types of dals are good for the heart as well. For example, urad dal benefits the health as it is good for the heart. Consuming urad dal helps to reduce cholesterol and improves cardiovascular health.
- Improves Digestion. Urad dal is rich in fibre, both soluble and insoluble, which is known improve our digestion.
- Protects Heart.
- Boosts Energy.
- Improves Bone Health.
- Strengthens Nervous System.
- Helps Manage Diabetes.
- Good For Skin And Hair.
I had few packets of urad dal flour lying in the pantry so i took the easy way of using that. But i will include the instructions of making this paniyaram using whole urad dal which is quite easy as well. You can take the option of using urad dal without skin or with skin. Urad dal with skin is little fibrous kids wont like it much.
If you are using whole urad dal, then follow these steps.
- Wash and dry the urad dal in a cloth or under sun.
- Add urad dal to a dry kadai. Dry roast on medium heat for 10 to 15 mins
- Urad dal will turn light golden.
- Cool it down.
- Take it in a blender and powder till fine.
- Urad dal flour is made.
How to find if Urad dal is roasted.
- Roast urad daal in a heavy bottom kadai on low heat.
- It will take around 10 to 15 mins.
- Keep mixing the daal constantly so it gets evenly brown.
- You can easily smell the roasted urad dal. It will smell toasty.
- If you are using urad dal with skin then it will take little longer time. Roast on low heat.
You will love these appam recipes,
- Urad dal flour - ½ cup
- Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - a pinch
- Ghee for frying
- Mix all ingredients except ghee to a smooth thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick paniyaram pan with ghee.
- Spoon dollop of batter in and cook for 2 mins on each side.
- Flip over and cook.
2)If you are using homemade, just roast urad dal till golden and cool, then powder fine in a blender.
1)Take urad dal flour in a bowl
2)Add in rice flour
3)Add powdered jaggery. This is clean one. If you are using regular hard jaggery, powder and melt in water. Then strain and add that in.
5)Add in cardamom powder and baking soda
6)Heat ghee in a paniyaram pan
7)Spoon batter in
8)Cook for few mins.
9)flip over and cook