Traditional Nagercoil chicken curry which is also called as nanjil nattu chicken curry which is so flavourful. Taste amazing with roti, rice, paratha, dosa and idlies.
This is the chicken curry which we make on most of the occasion, when there is parties, functions or regular weekends. This is the curry which i learned to cook my first non veg curry. Because you can never go wrong with them. It is so basic, the spice which we add is store bought chicken masala powder. If you cannot find that add a mixture of chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder. But i am sure that you can find chicken masala powder in any shop.
Andhra Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Chettinad Chicken Curry
Aloo Chicken Curry
Andhra Butter Chicken Curry
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Nagercoil Chicken Curry Recipe | Nanjil Nattu Kozhi Kulambu Recipe
- Chicken - 500 grams / ½ kg
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Onion - 2 large sliced
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tblspn
- Chicken Masala Powder - 3 to 4 tblspn
- Tomatoes - 4 large chopped
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Fennel Seed / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tblspn
- Water as needed
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro for garnishing
- Take coconut and fennel seeds in a mixer and make into a fine paste. Set this aside till use.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom and saute them.
- Add in onions and curry leaves and saute this for 5 mins.
- Now add in salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Saute this till the onions turn golden.
- Now add in Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a min.
- Add in chicken masala powder and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Now add in chicken and toss well with the masala.
- Add in some water and bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer the pan for 30 to 35 mins.
- Now add in ground coconut masala and mix well. Cover again and simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now the oil will float on top. Garnish with coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
Nanjil Nattu Chicken Curry with Step by Step Pictures