Aloo coconut milk curry with step by step pictures. Delicious curry served with hot rice and rasam taste delicious.
I cook with potatoes often, atleast twice or thrice a week. Each time i make them differently. This is one curry which i made couple of days back, i added coconut milk in it and cooked it on a high heat till it is dry. It tasted so yummy.
About this Curry
A curry is a spicy sauce-based dish that is most commonly associated with South Asian cuisine. Curry tree leaves are sometimes used in southern India. Curry comes in a wide range of flavours. In traditional cuisines, the spices used in each meal are determined by national or regional cultural traditions, religious practises, and the chefs personal preferences. Ingredients, spicing, and cooking methods are all mentioned in the names of these dishes. A curry is a Southeast Asian dish made with coconut milk or spice pastes that is often served over rice outside of the Indian subcontinent.
Ingredients for Aloo Coconut Milk Curry Recipe
Thick Coconut Milk:
There are several different variations of curry, but all recipes call for coconut milk. This is because you want it to have a nice flavor to it while also adding a liquid substance without it being too watered down. Coconut milk adds a sweetness to curry that counteracts the spice, creating a nice balance.
Garam Masala Powder :
Garam masala was created with the intention of keeping you warm. Literally translates to hot spice. Garam masala has been discovered to aid in the acceleration of your metabolism. This is why it is such a warming spice; a quick metabolism can assist in
raising your body temperature.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomatoes - 1 large chopped very finely
- Chilli Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Coriander Powder / Malli Piodi - 1 tblspn
- Cumin Powder / Jeera Podi - ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Potatoes - 2 large peeled and cubed
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add in mustard and cumin seeds along with curry leaves, let them splatter.
- Now add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and salt. Mix well. Cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in potatoes and add in some water. Bring this to a boil, cover and simmer till the potatoes are cooked.
- Now add in coconut milk and mix well. Cook this on high heat till the masala dries up and coats all the potato pieces.
- Now add in coriander leaves and mix well.
Aloo Coconut Milk Curry Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients