"Vietnamese Roast Chicken Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Easy Vietnamese Chicken Roast with lemon brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli & crushed lemongrass – prepared in a pinch and incredibly flavourful!"
Roast chicken is absolutely everyone's favourite. This roast chicken is even more special because it has lemon grass and few other spices in them. Those marination gives vietnamese touch to the roast chicken.
This chicken is inspired from "Marion's Kitchen" and it turned out to be super delicious and juicy.
Lemongrass Chicken has a very intense marination. it has
- red chilli flakes
- brown sugar
- coriander stem
- soy sauce
I’ve discovered a few tips along the way that create a juicy, tender and superbly flavored chicken that’s good enough to serve for Sunday supper or easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner.
Here’s a quick run down that are explained further below:
- Perfect temp to cook chicken is 425°F
- Cook chicken uncovered for best results.
The best oven temperature to roast chicken. We’re roasting our chicken, not baking it. That’s why a high temperature will ensure a crispy skin that’s juicy on the inside.
TIP: Pull your chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to take the chill off and ensure a more even cooking time.
1. How to tell when the chicken is done. Plan on 15-18 minutes of cooking time per pound, then add 15 minutes plus resting time. Resting roast chicken for 15 mins before slicing is must.
2. Roast your chicken at 425°F and baste occasionally while cooking. Basting chicken with the juices from the bottom of pan often helps to make the chicken juicy.
3.Roasting chicken with skins on is important to make the chicken juicy. Roasting chicken with skins on makes it super crispy and juicy.
4)Don't over bake the chicken , else it will get dry.
5)Marinate the chicken for best result. I usually marinate it overnight. But marinate it for 2 to 3 hours.
Roast Chicken Meal Prep Ideas
Roast a chicken at the beginning of the week and turn it into more meals all week long.
- Chicken Egg Scramble
- Creamy Chicken Salad
- Cheesy Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Omelette
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Spinach Quesadillas
- Cream Cheese Chicken Roll ups
What’s your favorite chicken dinner or trick to get dinner on fast? Tell us all in the comments below.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Vietnamese Chicken | Vietnamese Roast Chicken Recipe
- Whole chicken - 1
- Lemon grass - 2
- Coriander leaves - ¼ cup
- Green Chillies - 2
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp
- Brown Sugar - 3 tblsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblsp
- Vinegar - 3 tblsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tblsp
- Take all ingredients in a mortar pestle and crush it. Mix well.
- Pour this over the chicken and mix well. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Now place the chicken on a grill rack on a baking pan.
- Bake this for 40 mins.
- Keep basting the chicken with the dripping juice from the bottom of the pan every 10 mins.,
- Once chicken is baked remove it from oven and let it rest for 15 mins,.
Vietnamese Chicken With Step by Step Pictures
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take your whole chicken, remove the back bone.
3)Use a scissors and remove it.
4)You can use this for stocks and soups. I used it in this recipe when roasting.
5)Flatten the chicken
6)Pressing on top
7)So the chicken is flat
8)Chop up lemon gras, green chillies, coriander leaves.
9)Take lemon grass in a mortar and pestle.
11)Add in chilies, salt, coriander leaves
12)Crush it lightly.
13)Add in ginger garlic paste
14)Add in brown sugar
15)Add in vinegar.
16)Add in lemon juice
17)Add in soy sauce
19)Take it in a bowl. Add marinate in
20)Place grill rack on top of the pan
21)Place chicken on top
22)Pour little water in the bottom.
23)Bake till done. and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.