Veg Stew Recipe – Vegetable Sothi Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious veg stew which taste amazing with idiyappam, appam and dosa. You can serve with rice or parota as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cloves / Krambu - 2
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 2
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 3 slit
- Curry leaves a handful
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Beans - 10 chopped
- Potato - 1 peeled and chopped
- Peas - ½ cup
- Water as needed
- Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Cashews - 8
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 mins. Grind till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add in spices and let them sizzle.
- Add onions, chillies and saute for 2 mins
- Add in curry leaves and mix well.
- Add veggies and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and cook for 10 mins till veggies are done.
- Add cashew paste and mix well. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add in coconut milk and mix well.
- Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Take cashews in a bowl and soak with hot water
2)Take it in a blender and grind till smooth.
4)Heat coconut oil in a pan.
5)Add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
6)Add in onions
7)Add in curry leaves
9)add in green chillies
10)Add in veggies
12)Add in water
13)Cover and cook
14)Now veggies are done
15)Add in cashew paste
17)Add in coconut milk
19)Add coriander leaves