Spread the Joy!
This is perfect with curd rice..You can store it for so many days..i would advise to store this in fridge and use it…Please try this and let me know what you think..
Spicy Tomato Thokku
Delicious spicy tomato thokku recipe. This pairs well with roti, rice, curd rice or anything.
Recipe type: Pickles
Serves: 2 cups
- Tomato-10 pureed
- Red chilli powder- ½ cup
- Coriander powder- ¼ cup
- Jaggery / Sarkarai(you could use sugar)- ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil- ½ cup + ½ cup
- Mustard seeds /Kaduku-1 tblpsn
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam-1 tblspn
- Dry red chilli-5
- Asafoetida / Kaya podi-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-a handful
- In a kadai add ½ cup of oil and pour in the tomato puree.let it come to a boil..Cook for 15-20 min until thickened.
- Add in red chilli powder,coriander powder,jaggery.salt and mix well.
- Make the seasoning by heating oil and crackling some mustard seeds,cumin seeds,asafoetida,dry red chilli,curry leaves..
- Pour this into the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Let this cool down and put this into the clean jar and store in fridge.
|Pour tomato puree in oil|
|Let it thicken…Add in spices..|
|make seasoning by crackling mustard,cumin,red chilli,hing,curry leaves…|
|pour this in tomato thokku|