Pickled gooseberry with step by step pictures. It is a tangy, sweet and spicy pickle which will make you crave even more always. Gooseberry pickle can be enjoyed on its own, or as a side for any drinks.
Gooseberry pickle is a delicious dish which taste amazing on its own or as a side for drinks. Pickled gooseberry has a ginger and chilli flavour in them. You can have the ginger and chillies on its own as well.
Arai nellikai is tart and tangy berry unlike regular gooseberry which is more of a different taste.
Have you ever taste gooseberry and then had water. If so how does the water taste. Sweet right. That is the magic of gooseberry.
Spicy Mango Thokku
Punjabi Raw Mango Pickle
Sweet Mango Pickle
Andhra Mango Pickle
Instant Mango Pickle
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Pickled Gooseberry Recipe
- Arai Nellikai / Seema Nellikai / Gooseberry - 4 cups
- Ginger - ¼ cup juliened
- Green Chillies - 6 chopped
- Vinegar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Salt - 1 tblsp
- Wash and drain gooseberry. Take it in a jar.
- Take sugar, vinegar, water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Add salt and mix well.
- Take it off the heat and add in ginger and green chillies.
- Pour this over the gooseberry and let it sit for 1 day before enjoying,
1)Wash and drain gooseberry
2)Chop some green chillies and ginger
3)Take sugar in a sauce pan
4)Add in vinegar
5)Add in water
6)Bring it to a boil
7)Take it off the heat
8)Add in salt
9)Add in ginger and green chillies
10)Take gooseberry in a jar
11)Pour the ginger and chilli mix in
12)Let the gooseberry be completely immersed.
13)This is after a day
Is there any substitute for vinegar. Can we add lemon juice instead of vinegar?