Methi adds a nice flavour to your regular paratha. Fresh methi taste so yummy when added to paratha. You dont need any sidedish at all, just have it with some pickle or yogurt and it taste yummy.
This is a amazing combo in paratha and loved it to the core..So tasty i would say and so filling. Just one paratha makes you fill. This is a great dish to put in your kids lunch box as well.
If you don’t have fresh methi, you can use dried methi leaves. I will share a recipe for it soon.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Wheat Flour / Atta – 2 cup + extra if needed
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil or Ghee – 2 tblspn
- Fresh Methi Leaves - 2 cups chopped finely
- Water as needed
- Start by making dough, take flour, salt, oil in a bowl. rub well so oil is mixed in with the flour.
- Add methi and mix well.
- Add in water slowly and knead to a soft smooth dough. Cover the dough with a bowl and set aside for 30 mins.
- Take the dough and divide into equal balls. Take a ball and roll it out lightly.
- Apply oil over it, fold it over and apply oil and fold in triangle. Now roll it out .
- Heat a tawa, put the paratha on hot tawa, cook for few sec, flip over, spread some oil over it, spread again, spread some more oil over it and cook on both sides till golden.
- Remove and serve hot.
1)Take wheat flour in a bowl.
2)Add in freshly chopped methi leaves
3)Add in ghee or oil
4)Mix well, so oil is well mixed with flour
5)Add in water and knead to a soft dough
6)Now the dough is kneaded well
7)Divide the dough into small balls
8)Take a dough ball on a floured surface and roll it out
9)Now apply some oil over the rolled paratha
10)fold it over, and apply some oil over it
11)fold it again.
12)Roll it out
13)Place it on a hot pan and cook for few mins.
14)Now it is cooked on top.
15)Flip over and apply some oil on top
16)flip over it
17)Flip over and cook it.