Chicken Chops Curry Recipe – Nattu Kozhi Chops Recipe with step wise pictures.
Over the years i have shared so many chicken curry recipes on this blog. This one is a very basic chicken curry which i make often in my home. It is very easy to make and taste just yum. I used Nattu kozhi (country chicken) to make this curry and it turns out to be delicious.
The gravy in this is little thick, it is called as chicken chops curry in my place. So i called it the same way. Also i added some potatoes for more taste and thickness.
Andhra Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Chettinad Chicken Curry
Aloo Chicken Curry
Andhra Butter Chicken Curry
I have many nattu kozhi recipes in my blog. Check these
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tblsp
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Black Pepper - 1 tblsp
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 large + 2 large sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped + 3 chopped
- Green Chillies - 3
- Curry leaves a handful
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Potatoes - 2 peeled and cubed
- Coriander leaves a handful
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in fennel, cinnamon and pepper. Add in coconut and saute till golden. Add in onions and tomatoes and cook for 5 mins. Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in onions, chillies, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste. Saute for 5 mins
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy. Add in ground masala and mix well.
- Add in salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in chicken, potatoes and toss well.
- Add in little water and pressure cook for 3 whistle.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan add in fennel seeds, cinnamon and black pepper and let it sizzle.
2)Add in coconut
3)Roast till golden
4)Add in onions and tomatoes
5)Saute for 5 mins
6)Take it in a blender
7)Puree till smooth
8)Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves
9)Add in onions
10)Saute till golden
11)Add in tomatoes
12)Add green chillies and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
13)Add in curry leaves
14)Add in turmeric powder and coriander powder.
15)Add in chilli powder
16)Saute till raw smell leaves from it.
17)Add in ground masala
18)Cook till raw smell leaves
19)Add in salt
20)Add in garam masala powder
21)Saute til oil leaves from it.
22)Add in chicken
23)Saute for 5 mins or so.
25)Add in potatoes
26)cook till chicken is done
27)Add in coriander leaves