Capsicum Potato Curry Recipe – Aloo Capsicum Recipe with step wise pictures.
Capsicum Potato Curry Recipe. Fast and easy sidedish to make for roti, chapati, poori or even with rice and pulao.
This is a perfect sidedish for roti or chapati. This curry is so simple to make but it taste so yummy. I have been trying and sharing so many curries which you can serve with chapati. I have a whole collection for it. This one is a addition to that recipe.
I served it with plain rice which has been seasoned with some ghee and cumin which i call as much quick cumin rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 1 tblsp + 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 3 chopped
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 5
- Badam / Almonds - 5
- Capsicum - 2 chopped
- Potatoes - 2 large, peeled, cubed and boiled
- Salt to taste
- Take tomatoes, spice powders, badam, cashew in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a pan, add capsicum and saute for 2mins, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil. Crackle cumin and add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add in water, salt and mix well.
- Add in capsicum and potatoes and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins
1)Take tomatoes in a blender
2)Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder
3)Add some cashews and badam
4)Puree till smooth, set aside
5)Heat little oil in a pan, add capsicum
6)Saute for 2 mins
8)Heat little more oil in a pan
9)Add in cumin seeds
10)Add in chopped onions
11)Saute till golden
12)Just like this
13)Add in ginger garlic paste
14)Add in tomato puree
16)Add in salt
18)Cook till oil separates
19)Add some water
21)Bring it to a boil
22)Add in capsicum
23)Add in boiled cubed potatoes
24)Mix well and simmer this for 10 mins
25)Now it is done