Bengali Cholar Dal Recipe – Sweet Chana Dal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Sweet and spicy chana dal which taste out of this world delicious. This dal is so good and goes well with rice, pulao or roti.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a sweet and spicy flavour. The seasoning has to be done in ghee which gives pure aroma and taste to it. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Chana dal - ½ cup
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - to taste
- Ghee or Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Methi / Vendayam - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small stick
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 2 crushed
- Cloves / Krambu - 2
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Coconut - 3 tblsp grated
- Dry Red Chilli - 1 to 2
- Take dal, turmeric and water in a pressure cooker. Cook for 2 whistle. Take it off the heat. Let the steam go by itself. Open the cooker and put it back on heat.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Simmer for 5 mins or so.
- Now in a separate pan, heat oil and add all seasoning ingredients and fry for a min.
- Add in dal and mix well.
1)Take chana dal in a pressure cooker
2)Add turmeric powder
4)Pressure cook for 2 whistle.
5)Mash well and bring it to a boil
6)Add in coriander powder
7)Add garam masala powder
9)Add in sugar
10)Mix well and simmer for 10 mins
11)Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin and fenugreek seeds
12)Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom
13)Add in chopped finger
14)Add in dry red chillies
16)Saute till golden brown.
17)Add cooked dal in