15-Minute Lobia Curry Recipe – Black Eyed Peas Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Easy and fast lobia curry or black eyed peas masala. This needs no onions and tomatoes. This curry is fast to make and taste great with rice or roti.
You dont need onions and tomatoes to make this curry. The complete flavour and taste comes from garlic and cumin seeds. This is one of the fastest curry you could ever make. You can make this with most of the beans.
Black eyed peas is a nutritious grain which you have to include in your diet atleast once a month. You can either make rasam or sundal using it. It taste really delicious.
You can also check out this mixed legumes curry which is high in protein.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Black Eyed Peas / Lobia - 2 cups dry
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 6 cloves crushed
- Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak black eyed peas overnight. Take it in a cooker, add water and cook for 3 whistle. Simmer the flame and cook for 5 mins. Take it off the heat and let the pressure release by itself. Open and mash it roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle.
- Add garlic and saute for a min.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add remaining spice powders and mix well.
- Add in the beans and salt. Simmer for 5 mins.
1)I soaked black eyed peas overnight. Take it in a cooker. Cook black eyed peas / karamani or lobia in a pressure cooker for 3 whistle. Then simmer for 5 mins. Take it off the heat. and let the pressure release by itself.
2)Mash the beans roughly
3)Set this aside.
4)Heat oil in a pan.
5)Add in cumin seeds
6)Add crushed garlic
7)Add in turmeric powder
8)saute for a min.
9)Add in chilli powder, cumin powder
11)Add in cooked beans
13)Add salt to taste
14)Simmer for 5 mins