Apple Mincemeat Crumble Recipe
Delicious crumble made using mince meat and apple. This is a delicious treat for any special occasions. So tasty and very christmasy.
This desert is so easy to make and taste so delicious. It is a great make ahead desert. You can make the mince meat and crumble in advance and keep in fridge. Whenever you need a sweet treat just take a portion and make it. It is such a easy one.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Dried Fruits - 2 cups
- Rum or Orange Juice or Wine - 2 tblsp
- Brown Sugar - ¾ cup
- Cold Butter - ¼ cup grated
- Apple - 1 peeled, chopped finely
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Cloves - ⅛ tsp
- Nutmeg - ⅛ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Mince Meat - 1 cup
- Apples - 2 peeled and chopped
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Cornflour - 3 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1.5 cup
- Cold Unsalted Butter - 75 grams
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Take all dried fruits in a bowl add some rum or orange juice or wine and toss well. Let it steep for 1 to 2 days.Now mix apples, brown sugar, spices, salt and butter over the dried fruits and mix well. This is the mince meat. You can make this few weeks before itself.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take mince meat in a bowl.Add all ingredients mentioned and mix well. Spoon this into a baking pan.
- Now take flour in a bowl, add cold butter and use a fork to crumble it.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Top the apple with this crumble topping.
- Bake this in a preheated oven for 35 to 45 mins.
- Remove and cool a bit. Scoop and serve with icecream.
Start by making mince meat. Check this link for recipe.
2)Peel off the skin
3)Cut it in quarters and remove the seeds
4)Chop it pretty fine
5)Take mince meat filling in a bowl.
8)Add little sugar
11)Add a dash of vanilla
12)Spoon it into the baking pan
13)Now make crumble. Take flour in a bowl.
14)Add in cold butter
15)Use a fork to crumble the mix.
16)Now it is done.
17)Add little sugar
19)Top the apples with the crumble
20)Bake till golden
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.