Masala Khakhra Recipe with step wise pictures.
A crispy light snack made using wheat flour. This wheat crispy is healthy and highly nutritious and perfect when you are dieting.
It is very recently i tasted khakhra which my sissy bought from bombay. In my place i couldn’t find this snack anywhere. So when the first time i tried it, it was love at first time. I enjoyed it so much. I ordered it online which came in different flavours and it was so good. I was so inspired from that snack and i wanted to try it at home. Guess what i made two flavours masala khakhra and methi khakhra. Both of them were very delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Wheat flour / Atta - 1 cup
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - ½ tsp
- Ajwain / Omam / Carom Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Water as needed
- Take flour and all ingredients except oil and water in a bowl and mix well.
- Add oil and rub it into the flour.
- Add water and knead to a dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll it out. Use a round lid to cut out rounds.
- Now put it in a hot pan and cook on very low heat for 3 mins on each side.
- Keep pressing the top with a cloth.
- Keep flipping and keep cooking till brown spots appear on top.
- Remove it and cool it down completely.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Take wheat flour in a bowl
2)Add in gram flour
3)Add in salt.
4)Add in chilli, turmeric, cumin and garam masala powder
5)Add in cumin seeds and carom seeds
6)Add in oil
7)Whisk till combined
9)Knead to a dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 mins.
10)Divide it into equal balls.
10)Take small portion from the dough and roll it out.
11) I used a lid of a container to cut perfect circle.
12)Press using a cloth and cook on a very low heat.
13)Keep flipping and keep cooking
14)Set aside on a wire rack to cool down.