Bengali Alu-Pyaz Bhaja Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious bengali style potato dish taste great with rice and dal. This is bengalis comfort food at its best.
Alu bhaja is a bengali recipe, it is usually serve for lunch with rice and some dal. And i tried that combo, it was delicious. It is not at all spicy, it taste so delicious and mild. You can even serve with plain roti or phulka.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Potatoes - 4 to 5 peeled and chopped
- Mustard Oil - 2 tblsp
- Kalonji / Kalo Jeera / Nigella Seeds - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add in kalo jeera, dry red chillies and fry for a min.
- Add in potatoes, onions and mix well.
- Add salt, green chilli and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook till potatoes are fried and cooked.
- Add in sugar and mix well.
2)Cut them like this
3)Heat mustard oil in a pan
4)Add in kalonji
7)Add dry red chillies
10)Add in green chillies
11)Add salt and turmeric powder
13)Cook till potatoes are tender and cooked
14)Now it is cooked
15)Add sugar to taste