Nethili Meen Masala Recipe – Anchovies Masala Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and spicy anchovies fish curry which taste so delicious and is pretty easy to make as well. This curry taste amazing with plain steamed rice.
This curry is inspired from our trip to cochin. We had this in one of the hotels for lunch and enjoyed it completely. I asked the recipe to the chef and he was kind enough to share it. So here you go.
HOpe you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coriander Seeds - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 6
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Coconut Oil - ¼ cup
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Brinjal - 1 chopped
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Water as needed
- Anchovies / Nethili - ½ kg
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add coriander seeds and cumin and fry for a min. Add in chillies and mix well.
- Add in onions and tomatoes and saute for 5 mins. Cool and grind till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- Add in onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in ground masala and saute for 2 mins. Add brinjal and mix well.
- Add in tamarind water, salt and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add anchovies and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add curry leaves and serve
1)Heat little oil in a pot. Add coriander seeds and saute them for a min
2)Add cumin seeds
3)Add dry red chillies
5)Add onions, garlic and tomatoes
6)Saute them for 4 to 5 mins
7)Saute them well
8)Take it in a blender
9)Grind till smooth
10)Heat oil in a pot
11)Add mustard seeds
12)Add cumin seeds
13)Add in curry leaves
14) Add in onions and garlic
15)Saute them for a min
16)Add ground masala
18)Add tamarind water
21)Cook till it is done
22)Cook till oil floats on top
25)Add curry leaves