Coconut Loaf Cake Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. This amazing tender sponge cake with coconut taste delicious with a cup of tea or coffee.
I love coconut a lot, specially when it is added into baked goodies. It makes everything taste heaven. Love it so much. This loaf is perfect for coconut lover, it smells so coconut and taste so buttery and delicious.
About this Recipe
A loaf is a (typically) rounded or oblong mass of food, traditionally and historically made of bread. Because some types of bread dough tend to collapse and spread out during the cooking process, it is common to bake bread in a rectangular bread pan, also known as a loaf pan. Doughs with a higher viscosity can be shaped by hand into the desired loaf shape and baked on a flat oven tray. Doughs with a lower viscosity can be kept in shape by using a bread pan with sides that are higher than the uncooked dough. As the name implies, a loaf cake is baked in a bread loaf pan. These cakes, also known as quick breads, can contain a wide range of ingredients, such as fruit and nuts. Bananas, walnuts, pumpkin, and zucchini are all popular loaf cake ingredients.
This loaf cake is so easy to make and it gives you a sturdy loaf. You can slice pretty slices and it is so soft and moist as well because of all the coconut you added in.
Ingredients for Best Coconut Loaf Cake Recipe :
Dessicated Coconut :
Dried coconut is delicious on its own as a snack, in hot or cold cereal, and in baked goods. It can also be added to smoothies, salads, and stirred into sautéed vegetables. It's also a popular ingredient in Thai and Indian cuisine.
Baking Powder :
Baking powder is used to increase the volume of baked goods and lighten their texture. It works by releasing carbon dioxide gas into a batter or dough via an acid–base reaction, which causes bubbles in the wet mixture to expand and thus leaven the mixture.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Coconut Loaf Cake Recipe
- Soft Unsalted Butter - ½ cup / 110 grams
- Sugar - 1 cup / 200 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Essence or Coconut Extract - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups / 240 grams
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Milk - ¾ cup / 180 ml
- Dessicated Coconut - 1 ¼ cup / 100 grams
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C, Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with oil and dust it with flour and coat it on all sides and tap off the excess flour.
- Take flour in a bowl, add in baking powder, salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Take butter in a bowl, add in sugar, vanilla and beat till creamy and fluffy,
- Add in one egg at a time and whip till creamy.
- Now add in half of the flour mix and the milk and mix gently. Add remaining flour and whip this using a beater till combined.
- Now add in coconut and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the pan and bake for 1 hour or untill a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove it from oven and let it cool for 10 mins. now unmould it and cool it completely before slicing.
- Slice and serve with a cup of tea.
Coconut Loaf Cake Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients...Preheat oven to 180 degree C.|