Delicious dates cake recipe made using wheat flour, dates, walnuts which makes a healthy alternative for regular cake.
Eggless Dates & Walnut Cake Recipe - Christmas Special Recipes with step wise pictures.
About Dates Cake Recipe
Soft and moist eggless dates and walnut cake which taste so yummy. This cake taste amazing with a cup of tea.
This cake was so moist, plus the sweetness from the dates was so good and the crunchiness from the walnuts was lovely. Totally this cake is so healthy and taste great with a cup of coffee or chai.
How to Make Dates Cake at Home
Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Take dates, water, brown sugar in a sauce pan and cook for 10 mins. Set aside to cool down completely. Now add in oil and mix well.
Dates Cake Batter
Take both flour, baking soda, cinnamon and walnuts in a bowl and mix well. Add in the liquid mix and fold gently. Spoon it into the baking pan and bake for 45 to 50 mins. Remove it and cool down completely. Slice and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Dates Cake Recipe | Eggless Dates Cake Recipe | Date and Walnut Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup 120 grams
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup 200 grams
- Baking Soda - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Dates - 1.5 cups chopped
- Water - 2 cups 480 ml
- Oil - ½ cup 120 ml
- Walnuts - ¾ cup chopped
- Take dates, water, brown sugar in a sauce pan and cook for 10 mins. Set aside to cool down completely.
- Now add in oil and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take both flour, baking soda, cinnamon and walnuts in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the liquid mix and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the baking pan and bake for 45 to 50 mins.
- Remove it and cool down completely.
- Slice and serve.
Dates Walnut Cake with Step by Step Pictures
1)Take dates in a saucepan.
2)Cover with 2 cups of water
3)Add in brown sugar
4)Cook for 10 mins. Now take it off the heat and cool it down completely.
5)Now the dates has become nice and soft.
8)Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
9)Add wheat flour.
10)Add in baking soda
11)Add cinnamon and salt.
12)Add walnuts or almonds.
14)Add the cooled dates mix.
15)Mix till it is combined.
16)Fold the batter gently.
17)Spoon into a lined baking pan.
18)Bake till done.
19)Slice and serve.
Version 2: Whole Wheat Dates Cake Recipe
This particular recipe for dates cake is made using whole wheat flour and jaggery.
Are you a person who loves cake and afraid of eating it because you are concern of your waistline like me..Then try this cake it is very very healthy... This cake is made with wheat flour and instead of sugar I used jaggery in this..Both are very healthy for you..This is a healthier cake to celebrate your valentine..
Dates Cake with Wheat Flour & Jaggery
Some people think that if you need to eat healthy foods then you have go on a tasteless diet…But the whole point about this cake is, you don't need to sacrifice flavour and taste to eat healthy..Another cool thing in this cake is it has dates in it, and you all know dates are good for you..So that is a bonus for you.
The reason why I used jaggery is , wheat and jaggery goes very well together..And I added some chopped up dates too..You can add any nuts of your choice..It has some butter in it, but you could skip that and use some oil.
Ingredients for Whole Wheat Dates Cake
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup / 120 grams
- Milk- ¾ cup / 180 ml
- Jaggery / Sakkarai – ¾ cup / 180 gms
- Butter – ½ cup / 125 ml melted
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Dates – 12 pieces for grinding
- Dates - 8 finely chopped
How to Make Whole Wheat Dates Cake
- Preheat the oven at 180°C / 360°F. Butter a pan on all sides and dust it with wheat flour and tap away the excess flour..Set this aside for a moment.
- Soak 12 pieces of dates in milk for about 15 mins. Now take this in the blender along with the milk and make into a fine puree.
- Take butter and jaggery in a bowl and mix well. Add pureed dates and mix well.
- Sift in wheat flour along with baking soda and fold well.
- Now add in chopped dates and mix well.
- Tip this mixture in the prepared tray and bake it for 30-35 mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let this cool down completely. Now remove this from the pan and cut into bars.
- Serve this with a cup of chai.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Soak Dates in milk|
|add it to the blender|
|and puree it|
|now take a bowl and a wooden spoon|
|add melted butter in it|
|now add jaggery to it|
|and mix well|
|add pureed dates|
|now sift in wheat flour|
|along with baking soda|
|now fold gently|
|add chopped dates in this|
|and mix well|
|Prepare a tin|
|Pour the mixture in|
|and bake it|
|allow it to cool down|
|cut into squares|