Best Ever Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious chocolate sheet cake recipe from pioneer woman. It turned out super moist and so delicious. The chocolate in this cake is so intense and made the cake so rich.
I have baked so many cakes in the past. But i wanted to share a sheet cake for a long time. Sheet cake is nothing but a cake which is baked in a sheet pan. The cake will be little thin and usually topped with a icing and the cake itself will be very moist.
I didn’t have a sheet pan, so i baked in a large square pan which i had. It turned out perfect.
I made this recipe for a friend of mine who visited me after a very long time. I made this for desert and also made a spread of lebanese food which she love. She loved this cake so much, i even packed few slices for her to take home.
If you have followed me on instagram then you must be aware of the post which i shared few weeks back. Few people from a famous page came to take a interview of me. Finally they released the video yesterday and it was one of my happiest moment to receive many of your mails and messages.
If you missed to check out the interview with kanyakumari memes, check this link . The interview is in tamil.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
FOR SHEET CAKE:
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Sugar - 1 cup 200 grams
- Salt a pinch
- Egg - 1
- Buttermilk or Yogurt - 1/4 cup 60 ml
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Unsalted Butter - 100 grams
- Cocoa Powder - 4 tblsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter - 50 grams
- Dark Chocolate Chips - 1 cup
- Icing Sugar / Confectioner Sugar - 1.5 cup
- Milk - 4 tblsp
- MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line 20 cm square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Take butter in a sauce pan, add in cocoa powder and mix well. Add water and bring it to a boil. Set aside.
- Take egg, buttermilk, baking soda in a bowl and whisk well.
- Now pour the chocolate mix and egg mix in to the flour and fold gently.
- Pour this into the pan and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove it and cool it down.
- Now for the icing, take butter in a sauce pan and melt it down.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Once it is melted, add milk, icing sugar and mix till smooth.
- Pour this over the cake and let it set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Now slice and serve.
1)Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2)Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
4)Add in salt
6)Take butter in a sauce pan and melt it
7)Now it is all melted
8)Add in cocoa powder
9)Add in water
10)Bring it to a boil and set aside.
11)Take eggs in a bowl.
12)Add yogurt or buttermilk
13)Add baking soda
14)Whisk till combine
ALSO CHECK OUT
16)Add the chocolate mix into the flour
18)Add egg mix in
20)Pour into the pan
22)Bake till done
23)Take butter in a sauce pan
24)Melt it down
25)Add chocolate chips
27)Add in powdered sugar
28)Add in milk
29)WHisk till creamy
30)Pour over the cake
31)Spread evenly. Let it set for couple of hours.
32)Slice and serve