Bounty Cake Recipe – Coconut Chocolate Cake Recipe – Christmas Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super moist and decadent coconut flavoured cake topped with rich chocolate topping. This cake taste similar to bounty bars and is perfect for christmas.
You can make this delicious cake for this christmas and if you are a coconut and chocolate lover like me, you will love this for sure.
This is a super moist cake which has a yummy coconut flavour to it. I had this idea of making a bounty inspired cake for a long time. Since bounty is my all time favorite chocolate, I love it more than anything else. Also coconut is my favorite flavouring of choice, i absolutely love the smell of it. Finally made it yesterday and everyone loved it so much.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Unsalted Butter - 1/3 cup 75 grams
- Sugar - 1/3 cup 75 grams
- Coconut Extract - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 1/2 cup 180 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Desiccated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup 120 ml
- Semi Sweet Chocolate - 2 cups
- Butter or Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
Pan Size : 25 cm square cake pan
My 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take butter, sugar, vanilla and coconut extract in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in eggs and beat till creamy.
- Add in all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Add in milk slowly and mix well.
- Add coconut and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the baking pan Pop it in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 mins till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Now set aside so the cake can cool down.
- Take chocolate and butter in a sauce pan and melt gently so chocolate is melted.
- Now pour the chocolate over the cake and spread evenly. Chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Slice into pieces and serve.
1)Line a square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2)Take butter in a bowl
3)Add in sugar
4)Add in coconut extract
5)Add in vanilla extract
7)Add in eggs
8)Whisk till creamy
9)Add in all purpose flour
10)Add in baking powder
13)Add in dessicated coconut.
15)Spoon it into the prepared baking pan.
16)Bake in a preheated oven for 25 mins.
17)Now lets make the icing.
18)Melt it gently
19)Spoon it over the cake
21)Set aside so it sets.
22)Cut it into bars