Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
I wanted to try this recipe so bad. This recipe is adapted from rachael allen.
This cake has a nice caramel sponge cake with a thick butterscotch sauce underneath. This cake demand to be served with vanilla icecream or plain whipped cream. It is great for parties and taste amazing when served warm.
I am yet to make apple flavoured ones and banana flavoured ones.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Self-Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Egg - 1
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup + ½ cup
- Melted Butter - 100 grams / ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Milk - ¾ cup 180 ml
- Golden Syrup - 2 tblsp
- Boiling Water - ¾ cup 180 ml
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Butter a baking dish and set aside.
- Take flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix well.
- Pour this in a greased baking pan.
- Now take ½ cup brown sugar, golden syrup and water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Now pour this over the batter.
- Pop this into the oven and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
- Serve warm with icecream.
1)Take flour in a bowl
2)Add in brown sugar
3)Add in baking powder
4)Add a pinch of salt
6)Add in egg
9)Add melted butter
11)Now it is smooth.
12)Take a baking dish and grease with butter
13)Pour batter in
14)Now make the sauce. Take brown sugar in a sauce pan
14)Take golden syrup
15)Pour it in
16)Add boiling water
17)Bring it to a boil
18)Pour it over the pudding
19)Now bake it
20)I placed it in a baking tray
21)Pop it into the oven
22)Bake till done
23)Scoop and serve