Chinese Steamed Rice Cake with Step by Step Pictures.
This is a traditional chinese recipe which is very healthy and nutritious too. It is rice which is ground and fermented and then steamed. It makes a healthy snack too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rice - 2 cups i used ponni rice
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 3 to 4 tblsp
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Water as needed
- Wash and soak rice overnight. Drain and take it in a blender.
- Grind till smooth.
- Now add sugar and grind till super. Add more water to make a liquid batter.
- Add salt, yeast and whisk well.
- Cover and ferment for 2 hours.
- Grease a pan with little oil.
- Pour batter in and steam for 25 to 30 mins.
- Remove from steamer and cool for 5 mins.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take rice in a bowl. This is normal rice which we use for cooking
2)Soak them in water overnight.
3)Drain and take it in a blender
4)Add water and grind till smooth.
7)Add sugar and grind again.
8)Grind till super smooth.
9)Take it in a bowl
10)Add in salt to taste
11)Add dried yeast.
12)Whisk till combined
13)Now leave the batter to ferment for 2 hours.
14)Batter is fermented.
15)Grease a pan with oil.
16)Grease it well.
17)Pour it into the pan
18)Dont over fill the pan.
18)Place it in a steamer
19)Cover and steam for 25 to 30 mins
20)Look how spongy it looks
22)Slice and serve