Jeera Kanji Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Jeeraka kanji recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious and nutritious cumin porridge made using broken matta rice.
Cumin porridge is nothing but broken rice cooked with coconut cumin paste and crispy shallots and curry leaves added in it.
About Cumin Porridge or Jeeraka Kanji Recipe
This jeeraka kanji is one of the easiest meal you could ever make. Takes literally minutes to make but taste really healthy. This porridge taste amazing with some coconut chutney. This porridge is not only easy to make but taste so healthy. This taste amazing with green gram stir fry.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Cumin Porridge Recipe | Jeera Porridge | Jeeraka Kanji Recipe
- Broken Matta Rice - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 cups + as needed
- Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam / Methi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 5
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera - 2 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10 sliced thinly
- Curry leaves a handful
- Wash matta rice well. Take it in a pressure cooker. Add fenugreek, salt, turmeric and water. Pressure cook for 3 whistle. Once pressure is released. OPen the lid. add more water and mix well.
- Grind ingredients given for grinding to a coarse paste.
- Add this to the rice and salt. Mix well. Bring it to a boil.
- Now heat coconut in a pan. fry shallots and curry leaves till crispy and pour this over the rice. mix well. Serve.
Jeeraga Kanji Recipe Step by Step Pictures
1)Take broken matta rice in a pressure cooker. Wash it well
2)Add in fenugreek seeds
4)Add in turmeric powder
5)Cook for 2 to 3 whistle
6)Add in water
7)Bring it to a boil.
8)Take coconut in a blender
9)Add in cumin seeds
10)Add in small onion
11)Grind till coarse paste
12)Add coconut paste in
14)Heat coconut oil in a pan
15)Add in chopped small onions
16)Fry till golden brown
17)Add curry leaves
18)Pour it in