Chicken Uppu Kari Recipe – Kozhu Uppukari Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chicken uppu kari or Kozhi Uppu kari is a easy and tasty sidedish which can be made in few mins. It needs just basic ingredients and taste amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Chicken - 500 grams cut into small pieces
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp + 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 5 broken
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Pepper powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander leaves - ¼ cup chopped
- Take chicken, salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder in a pan. Add little water and cook till chicken is done.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add in curry leaves, dry red chillies and fry for a min.
- Add onions and ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add chicken and toss well. Cook for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add in pepper powder and mix well. Finally add coriander leaves too.
1)Take Chicken in a earthern ware kadai
3)Add ginger garlic paste
4)Add in chilli power, turmeric powder and garam masala powder
5)Add in water
7)Cook till chicken is tender
8)Now in the same pot, add in coconut oil
9)Add in dry red chillies
10)Add curry leaves
11)Add in sliced onions
12)Add some ginger garlic paste
14)Add in cooked chicken
16)Keep cooking and stiring for 5 to 6 mins
17)Add in black pepper powder
18)Add in coriander leaves