Dutch Apple Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super moist and soft dutch apple cake which has a soft texture inside but it has a sweet apple layer and a crunchy sugary top.
Such a beautiful cake made using apples. This cake has a soft texture and a crispy sugary crust on top. The apples gets so soft almost like a beautiful cooked apples. The cake taste so delicious with a cup of tea or coffee.
French Yogurt Cake
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Dutch Apple Cake Recipe
- Eggs - 2
- Sugar - ¾ cup + ⅛ cup 175 grams
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Butter - 75 grams
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Cinnamon Powder - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Apples - 2 peeled cored and sliced
- Milk - ⅓ cup 80 ml
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a 20 x 20 cm square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Take milk and butter in a sauce pan and melt gently till almost melted. Set aside.
- Peel and core apples. Slice thinly. Set aside.
- Take eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk till pale and light.
- Now add in melted milk and butter and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the cake pan.
- Top with sliced apples.
- Sprinkle top with caster sugar.
- Bake at 200 degree C for 10 mins, reduce the temp to 180 degree C and bake for another 20 mins.
- Remove and cool down for 30 mins.
- Slice and serve.
1)Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a 20 x 20 cm cake pan with parchment and set aside.
2)Take flour in a bowl
4)Add baking powder
6)Take butter in a sauce pan
10)Take eggs in a bowl
13)Beat for 2 mins till creamy
14)Add melted butter
19)Peel and core apples.
21)Spoon batter in the pan
21)Top with apples.
22)Sprinkle the top with sugar
23)Bake at 200 degree C for 10 mins, reduce the temp to 180 degree C and bake for another 20 mins.
24)Cool completely before unmoulding
25)Slice and serve.