Red velvet cupcakes with step by step pictures. Red velvet cupcakes made using beetroots for natural colour.
Red velvet cake which i shared here is a most popular cake recipe. Many have been asking me to share a eggless version of it. So when i searched that in google i came across this amazing recipe in divine taste which caught my eye immediately because it uses beetroot as the red colour in this cake.
About this Recipe
Traditional red velvet cake is a red, red-brown, crimson, or scarlet- colored chocolate layer cake layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food colouring, with the red colour coming from anthocyanin-rich, non-Dutched cocoa. All of them used red food colouring. The reaction of acidic vinegar and buttermilk tends to
bring out the red anthocyanin in cocoa while also keeping the cake moist, light, and fluffy.
This natural tinting may have given rise to the term red velvet. Finding the right combination of leavening agents, such as baking powder and/or baking soda, and acids, such as vinegar, lemon juice, buttermilk, yoghurt, sour cream, and so on, is
the best way to substitute eggs in a cake recipe.
Luckily i had all the ingredients on hand and i actually halved the recipe and made only 6 cupcakes. The colour, texture and taste of this cupcakes turned out just delicious.
Ingredients for Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes
Cocoa Powder :
Cocoa powder is primarily used as a flavouring agent in baked goods such as cookies, ice cream, dairy drinks, and cakes. Aside from flavouring, it is also used in the production of coatings for confectioners or frozen desserts. Cocoa powder is also used in the beverage industry, for example, to make chocolate milk.
Vinegars acidity or sourness enhances the flavour of food and adds balance to a rich dish. Salad dressings, marinades, sauces, mayonnaise, and ketchup are all examples of where it can be found. It has the ability to alter the texture of foods.
All Purpose Flour:
All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Vanilla Essence :
It enhances all the other flavors in the recipe.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe | Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup / 180 grams
- Sugar - 1 cup / 200 grams
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tblspn
- Baking Powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Beetroot Puree - ¾ cup
- Milk - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vinegar - 1 tblspn
- Vegetable Oil - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Whipped Cream as needed for topping
- Sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake cases and set aside.
- Cook beetroot in a pan or pressure cooker till it is done. Cool it down and puree till smooth. Cool this completely.
- Take flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Take milk, vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Now to this add in oil, vanilla, beetroot puree and sugar and mix well.
- Now add in the flour mix and fold gently.
- Now spoon this into muffin cases using icecream scoop and bake this for 20 to 25 mins till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Now remove this from oven and cool completely.
- Now decorate with whipped cream and sprinkles..
Red Velvet Cupcakes Step by Step