Black Magic Cake is a one pot chocolate cake which makes super moist and fudgy chocolate cake.
This is one of the best chocolate cake which i ever made, it is so delicious. The cake turned out really moist. You just add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it and bake it, that's it. So easy. You can frost it with any frosting you like, but i like to go with the chocolate ganache.
About this Recipe
This Black Magic Cake is a chocolate lovers dream. Simple and straightforward, this is one of those desserts that everyone will love. Coffee enhances the chocolate flavor and buttermilk helps make the cake super moist. A gâteau magique (also sometimes referred to as magic cake in English) is a French cake that forms three layers when
the batter is baked. The bottom layer is custard, the middle layer is cream and the top layer is a sponge. Hershey’s black magic chocolate cake and it’s one of the best cakes ever! Perfectly moist chocolate .
This is such a easy recipe, it is made in one bowl and uses just the ingredients which you already have on hand. But the cake turns out so moist, fudgy and really chocolaty..There is no doubt why the cake is called a black magic cake, because this cake is so dark and so spooky.
Ingredients for Black Magic Cake Recipe
All Purpose Flour:
All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder :
Unsweetened cocoa powder is a pantry staple for most bakers. When baking, use unsweetened cocoa powder (rather than sweetened cocoa powder, which is often labelled sweet ground chocolate to control the amount of sugar in the final product.
Vegetable Oil :
Vegetable oil remains liquid at room temperature whereas butter hardens, vegetable oil delivers moisture significantly more consistently. Because liquid contributes to the impression of moistness, cakes produced with oil tend to be moister than those
made with butter.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Black Magic Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ¾ cup / 210 grams
- Sugar - 2 cups / 400 grams
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - ¾ cup / 85 grams
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Hot Strong Coffee - 1 cup / 240 ml I mixed 1 tsp of instant coffee with some hot water
- Vegetable Oil - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Milk - 1 cup / 240 ml
- Vinegar - 1 tblspn
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Chocolate Ganache as needed Recipe here
- Chocolate Sprinkles & Silver Balls as needed
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pan with oil and dust it with flour, coat flour on all sides and tap off the excess.
- Now make homemade buttermilk, take milk and vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Set aside till use.
- Now take flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a bowl and use a whisk to mix well.
- Make a well in the center, add in oil, egg, coffee and buttermilk. Mix well till combined.
- Now divide the batter into two cake pan and bake for 30 to 40 mins. Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done. If it comes out clean then the cake is done. Remove it from oven and cool it for 10 mins.
- Invert the cake to a cooling rack and cool down completely.
- Now invert one cake to a plate, spoon some ganache over it, spread it. Now place another cake on top and spread some more ganache. Now top it with chocolate sprinkles and silver balls.
Black Magic Cake Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients..Preheat oven to 180 degree C.|
|Grease two 9 inch round pan with oil and sprinkle with flour..coat on all sides and tap off the excess.|
|Now you can use buttermilk if you have on hand, else lets make our own
instant buttermilk..take 1 cup of milk
|Add in 1 tblspn of white vinegar|
|Bake till done...it will take around 30 to 40 mins..Insert a toothpick to check whether it is done or not|
|Now for the frosting i used chocolate ganache...Check this link for recipe..|