Pina Colada Cupcakes is a sweet dessert bursting with pineapple and coconut flavours.
You all know my love for cupcakes. This one is inspired from the pinacolada mocktail which i had recently and it is so delicious with full of pineapple and coconut flavours. Delicious.
About this Recipe
A cupcake is a small cake that serves one person and is baked in a small thin paper or aluminium cup. Frosting and other cake decorations, such as fruit and candy, may be used, as with larger cakes. The term cupcake was first used in the late 1800s to describe cakes made with ingredients measured by the cupful. With a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, a pound of flour, and a pound of eggs, the traditional pound cake recipe was simple to remember. Similarly, the name cupcake derives from the recipe measurements: 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, and 4 eggs.
Pina Colada is a sweet, creamy frozen drink bursting with pineapple and coconut flavours.
Ingredients for the Pina Colada Cupcakes
Pineapple Puree :
Pineapple puree is simple to make and versatile in the kitchen. Peel, core, and chop fresh pineapple into medium chunks to make pineapple puree. Cook until the fruit is soft and the sugar is just starting to caramelise. In a food processor, puree until smooth. Chill it and store it in a sterilised bottle for later use.
Shredded Coconut is crisp and snow white in colour, with a sweet, pleasant, and fresh nut flavour. It is made from fresh coconuts that have been harvested at the ideal time to ensure the best flavour. The coconut is then dried to ensure a long shelf life, the best flavour, and the best mouth feel.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Pina Colada Cupcakes Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup / 90 grams
- Baking Powder - ¾ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Sugar - ¼ cup / 50 grams
- Pineapple Puree - ½ cup
- Unsalted Butter - 2 tblspn soft
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- For Topping:
- Whipping Cream - ½ cup
- Icing Sugar - 1 tblspn
- Coconut Essence - ¼ tsp optional
- Shredded Coconut - as needed
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line 6 cup muffin tray with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Take flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Take butter in a bowl, add in sugar and vanilla and coconut essence if using and whip till creamy.
- Add in eggs and pineapple and whip again till creamy.
- Now add in flour mix and fold gently.
- Now scoop this into cupcake cases and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove it and cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, whip some cream with sugar and coconut essence till stiff.
- Now take your cooled cupcake, top with cream and coconut.
- Chill this for 30 mins. Serve.
Pina Colada Cupcakes Step by Step
|Preheat oven to 180 degree C..Take all your stuffs
|I added little coconut essence in this and whipped till stiff..
If you are using normal cream and some icing sugar as well