Wheat Porridge Recipe with step by step pictures. Healthy and nutritious wheat porridge made with whole wheat grains, urad dal.
Me and my husband loves ulundu kanji, specially he loves it so much. Commonly we add rice instead of wheat in the kanji and have it. But i prefer this recipe rather for the rice version. I learned this recipe from my mom and it is my all time fav. This is very healthy recipe and has no fat at all. Specially this is one of the best food to give for diabetic patients. The wheat which i used in this recipe is called as oosi gothumai, it is thin shaped wheat which is slightly broken. But you can use regular coarse variety of broken wheat which is also known as dalia or samba gothumai ravai. And the dal is broken black urad dal with husk in it, you can add whole urad dal with husk in it.
The garlic which we add in this recipe give a nice taste and flavour to the kanji. So go ahead and add tons of them in this kanji if you love garlic taste. So go ahead and give this recipe a try, you will love it for sure.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Wheat Porridge Recipe | Godhumai Kanji Recipe
- Broken Wheat / Oosi Gothumai - 1 cup
- Black Split Urad Dal With husk / Tholi Ulundam Paruppu - 1 cup
- Fenugreek Seeds / Methi Seeds / Vendayam - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 10 cloves whole
- Salt to taste
- Milk - 2 cups or to taste
- Water - 5 cups
- Wash dal and wheat very well till the water runs clear.
- Take broken wheat, urad dal, garlic, fenugreek in a pressure cooker.
- Add in 5 cups of water and pressure cook it for 6 whistle and simmer for 5 mins. Now switch off the flame and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Now open he pressure cooker and add in salt and milk to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Wheat Porridge Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|This is the wheat i am gonna use,
It is called as broken oosi gothumai,
but you can use broken wheat too