Instant Bajra Porridge Recipe - Kambu Koozh Recipe (Pearl millet) with step wise pictures.
Healthy bajra koozh which taste so refreshing and it very cooling for this summer time. This porridge is such a healthy way to start your day.
This is one dish which we make often for breakfast. I am not sure why i haven't posted it so far. Recently one of my viewer asked me to post this recipe. Immediately i made it and sharing it here. This is such a healthy and filling breakfast. Pearl millet is a great food when you are in diet. Even if you are not in diet, you can take this atleast once a week.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Instant Bajra Porridge Recipe - Kambu Koozh Recipe (Pearl millet)
- Bajra / Pearl Millet / Kambu - ½ cup powdered
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Salt to taste
- Buttermilk -1 cup or to taste
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - ¼ cup chopped
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ¼ tsp
- Green Chillies - 1 to 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Take bajra, water in a sauce pan and mix well so there is no lumps.
- Heat it and cook till it is thickened.
- Take it off the heat and add salt. MIx well and set aside to cool down.
- Once cooled add buttermilk and shallots and mix well.
- Heat oil for seasoning, add all ingredients and let it sizzle.
- Pour into the porridge and mix well.
1)Take bajra powder
2)Take ½ cup in a sauce pan
4)Whisk well so there is no lumps
7)Cook for 3 to 4 mins
8)Take it off the heat
9)Add salt and mix well. Cool this down.
10)Now it is cooled
11)Add in buttermilk or diluted curd
13)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds
14)Add in asafoetida
15)Add in green chillies and curry leaves
16)Add it into the porridge
17)Add chopped shallots