Pudalangai Bajji Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Snake Gourd Bajji, Deep Fried Batter Coated Snake Gourd makes perfect snack for evening.
In my opinion till last week, snake gourd is one of the under estimated veggies in the world. I hate it so much, because of the mushy poriyal which my mum makes often. Believe it or not I have never tried that even once, but the look of it makes me to hate it.
But last week, our neighbour gave us this beautiful fresh snake gourd which has grown in their backyard. When i saw that, i thought of trying something with it, because it was so fresh and i just wanna taste that. So i made half into this bajji and other half into a simple poriyal. That is the first time i tasted this veggie and it tasted so yum. Specially this bajji is so yum.
The outer coating is crispy and spicy, but inner veggie is so soft and juicy. I came to a conclusion that if you hate any veggies, just fry them by coating with some batter and you will love it for sure. We had it with plain rasam rice, I will post the poriyal recipe soon. Hope you will try this recipe and let me know how it turned out.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Snake Gourd Bajji Recipe | Pudalangai Bajji Recipe
- Snake gourd / Pudalangai - 1 medium size
- Oil for Deep frying
- For Batter:
- Gram Flour / Kadalai Mavu / Besan - 1 cup
- Rice Flour / Arisi Mavu - ½ cup
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Take snake gourd and remove all the inside seeds from it. Now slice them into little thick rounds.
- Now make a batter by mixing all ingredients given in the list to a smooth paste. The batter should be a little thinner than dosa batter. not too thick or too thin.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the snake gourd pieces into the batter and coat on all sides.
- Fry them in hot oil till they are golden. Drain them in paper towel.
- Serve hot.
Snake Gourd Bajji Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take a fresh snake gourd|