Gram Flour Bonda Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
If you are craving for a snack on a sudden, then this is a perfect recipe to make. It needs a handful of ingredients and the bonda itself taste delicious. This is a quick version of potato pakora.
We all have gram flour / kadalai maavu on hand always. This bonda can be made in just few minutes using that. I added onions in this to give a nice taste and texture to the bonda. You can even add some potatoes too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Fennel seeds / sombu / saunf - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Baking soda a pinch
- Curd - 2 tblsp
- water as needed
- Gram flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients together to a smooth batter. Except oil.
- Now heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop spoonful of batter in and fry till golden on both sides.
1)Take sliced onions in a bowl
2)Add in chopped green chillies and curry leaves
3)Add in fennel seeds
4)Add in chilli powder, pepper powder and turmeric powder
5)Add little curd
6)Add salt to taste
8)Add little water as needed
9)Add in gram flour
10)Add rice flour
11)Add a pinch of baking soda
12)Mix to form a batter
13)Drop spoonful of batter in hot oil
14)Fry till golden brown
15)Keep flipping and frying
16)Now it is golden