Cream Cheese, whenever you look at any recipes for cheesecake, the main ingredient would be cream cheese. Actually i have never seen them or used them as well. Because i could never get my hands on them in my place. Hence i created some of new recipes for cheesecakes and cream cheese frosting without cream cheese.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
Cream Cheese Frosting
Homemade Mascarpone Cheese
Homemade Hung Curd / Dahi
- Full Fat Milk - 2 liter
- Yogurt / Curd - 3 tblspn or more as needed
- For Making Cream Cheese: Paneer - 250 grams and Yogurt / Curd - 1/2 cup
- For making paneer, bring milk to a boil, once it reaches boil, add in curd and keep mixing, it will start to curdle, if it didn't curdle add in more yogurt.
- Now place a sieve over a bowl, line it with clean cheesecloth or white cloth.
- Pour the curdled mix over the sieve and once it is poured in, tie it like a bundle, and place a heavy thing over it. Press it often to remove the water as much as possible. I left it for 30 mins and i got a beautiful block of paneer.
- Cube it out and paneer is done.
- The whey water which you got is very nutritious, use that for kneading chapati dough or making rasam.
- Now lets make cream cheese, take paneer in a blender and make it into a smooth puree.
- Add in curd and puree it again till it is very smooth.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and pour the mix in it.
- Leave it in fridge overnight and upto 48 hours, discard water that is collected in the bowl inbetween.
- What you will be left with is a beautiful creamy cream cheese.
- You can use this in any recipes that calls for cream cheese.
|First lets start by making paneer for cream cheese..
You will need full fat milk and some yogurt/ curd
|Take milk in a sauce pan and bring it to boil|
|now it has started to boil|
|add in yogurt|
|you will see the milk will start to curdle, if it didn’t
curdle add more yogurt
|Look how the milk has curdled|
|Now it has completely curdled|
|U will see greenish whey separating from the mix|
|Place a sieve over a large bowl|
|line the sieve with some cheesecloth or clean white kitchen towel|
|pour the mix in|
|gently remove it, tie it like a biundle|
|this is whey water, which is very very nutritious. You can use this to knead your chapati dough or make rasam using this..Please dont throw it away|
|Now place a heavy weight over the packed milk solid|
|After leaving it for 30 mins. This is what i got,
a beautiful block of paneer / indian cottage cheese
|Cube it out|
|Use this fresh paneer in your curries..|
|But we are gonna use it to make cream cheese..
You need paneer and again some curd for this
|take paneer in a mixer|
|Grind it to a smooth paste|
|Add in curd|
|grind it to a smooth paste|
|Again place a sieve over a bowl|
|line it with cheese cloth and pour the mix in this|
|cover it up nicely|
|put it in fridge overnight or upto 2 days..Discard the water collected in the bowl often|
|This is what you end up with..I got only few
tblspn of water from this mix, i left it overnight
and my cream cheese was in the right consistency
|You can use this in your recipes|
|This is really a awesome recipe for those who cannot
find cream cheese in your places, LIKE ME..
|Look at the creamy cheesecake made using this cream cheese..Totally divine, next recipe is going to be this.|