Last Updated on August 24, 2021
Cream Cheese, whenever you look at any recipes for cheesecake, the main ingredient would be cream cheese. Actually i have never seen them or used them as well. Because i could never get my hands on them in my place. Hence i created some of new recipes for cheesecakes and cream cheese frosting without cream cheese.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
Cream Cheese Frosting
Homemade Mascarpone Cheese
Homemade Hung Curd / Dahi
How To Make Homemade Cream Cheese Easily At Home [Steps]
Homemade Cream Cheese Recipe / How to Make Cream Cheese at Home
- Full Fat Milk - 2 liter
- Yogurt / Curd - 3 tblspn or more as needed
- For Making Cream Cheese: Paneer - 250 grams and Yogurt / Curd - ½ cup
- For making paneer, bring milk to a boil, once it reaches boil, add in curd and keep mixing, it will start to curdle, if it didn't curdle add in more yogurt.
- Now place a sieve over a bowl, line it with clean cheesecloth or white cloth.
- Pour the curdled mix over the sieve and once it is poured in, tie it like a bundle, and place a heavy thing over it. Press it often to remove the water as much as possible. I left it for 30 mins and i got a beautiful block of paneer.
- Cube it out and paneer is done.
- The whey water which you got is very nutritious, use that for kneading chapati dough or making rasam.
- Now lets make cream cheese, take paneer in a blender and make it into a smooth puree.
- Add in curd and puree it again till it is very smooth.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and pour the mix in it.
- Leave it in fridge overnight and upto 48 hours, discard water that is collected in the bowl inbetween.
- What you will be left with is a beautiful creamy cream cheese.
- You can use this in any recipes that calls for cream cheese.