“A Popular and Trending Hot Chocolate Bombs which is a fun recipe to make at home. These hot chocolate bombs melts when added into hot milk creating a delicious hot chocolate.”
Hot chocolate bombs are chocolate spheres filled with hot chocolate mix and lots of marshmallows! Pour steaming hot milk over the top and watch the chocolate melt away and release those marshmallows into your milk. So much fun and makes a great gift!
All you need is silicone sphere mould. I found out that silicone moulds are easy to use than acrylic moulds. You can easily find those moulds in amazon. I got them from amazon.
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS NEEDED TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
Spherical Moulds: you need silicon half sphere mould. Silicon moulds are easy to use than acrylic moulds. Some people have used aluminium moulds shaped into half sphere like. But silicon moulds are best option.
Dark chocolate bar: use good quality dark chocolate bar.
Melting of chocolate: this is crucial step in this recipe. never over cook the chocolate else it will separate or burn. Melt them gently in microwave(5 seconds interval) take it out and mix it every 5 seconds or you can melt them over a bowl of simmering water(double boiler method)
The Filling: i used store bought hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, sprinkles to fill the hot chocolate bombs. But the options are endless.
HOW TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
- Chop chocolate into fine pieces
- Melt them gently
- Spread them over silicon moulds.
- Refrigerate them till firm.Do another coating if needed.
- Un mould them carefully.
- Fill them with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Stick other half over the filled moulds using melted chocolate
HOW TO SERVE HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
- Take a large serving mug that can fit the hot chocolate bombs.
- Fill with piping hot milk.
- Add the hot chocolate bombs in
- See them melting.
- Stir and Enjoy.
IF YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL LOVE MY OTHER HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES TOO,
- Half Sphere Silicone Moulds
- 2 cups Dark Compound Chocolate chopped
- as needed Drinking Chocolate Mix or Hot Chocolate Mix
- as needed Marshmallows
- as needed Sprinkles
- as needed Milk
- Take chopped dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Pop it into the microwave and cook for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Remove it every 10 seconds and give it a mix till chocolate is completely melted.
- Now take the silicone mould. Use a paper towel to wipe it dry.
- Now spoon in some chocolate into the mould. Spread it evenly in the mould. Pop it into the fridge and let it firm up.
- Now take the mould from fridge. If the chocolate layer is too thin, then apply another layer of chocolate. Leave to set till firm.
- Now un mould the chocolate from the mould. Fill them with hot chocolate powder, marshmallows, sprinkles.
- Brush the chocolate end with melted chocolate using a brush. Top with other half and seal it.
- Take the bombs and add it in a cup. Top with hot milk the chocolate bombs will melt. Mix well and serve hot.
- Use good quality chocolate for melting. Don't over cook the chocolate else it may burn or separate.
- You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate instead of using microwave.
- Addition of chocolate chips, caramel sauce or white chocolate chips can be inside the bomb.
HOW TO MELT CHOCOLATE IN DOUBLE BOILER
- Finely chop some good quality dark chocolate.
- Take chocolate in a heat safe bowl.
- Fill a sauce pan with water. Bring it to a boil. Now simmer the pan.
- Place the chocolate bowl over the sauce pan. Make sure the hot water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Cook on a low heat and simmer till the chocolate is melted completely.
STORAGEYou can wrap the hot chocolate bombs in a plastic bag and tie it with a ribbon and give it as gifts. Store in fridge till needed.
- Take a large serving cup which fits the hot chocolate bombs.
- Pour hot milk over the hot chocolate bombs and mix gently till chocolate is melted.
- Serve immediately.
1)Take chopped dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
2)Melt it in microwave or using double boiler method till melted.
3)Now the chocolate is melted.
4)Take your moulds. wipe them clean with a paper towel.
5)Pour little chocolate in. Coat evenly.
6)Put the moulds into the fridge so it can set.
7)Now chocolate has become firm.
CHECK OUT DULCE DE LECHE ICE CREAM
8)Spread one more layer of chocolate if needed. Place them back in fridge and let them firm up.
9)Remove from fridge once chocolate is hardened.
12)Fill with hot chocolate mix.
13)Top with marshmallows
YOU WILL LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES
14)Add some sprinkles.
15)Brush the edges with some melted chocolate.
16)Cover with other half.
17)Brush top with more chocolate.
18)Top with some sprinkles. Store in fridge till needed.
19)Add it to hot milk or pour hot milk over it and see them melting. Enjoy
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.