Schezwan Pasta recipe with step by step pictures. Spicy and addictive hot schezwan pasta with peas which taste delicious.
Schezwan Pasta Recipe
I am kind of addicted to schezwan sauce..I am making huge quantities of them and adding it to each and everything. My homemade schezwan sauce is a killer recipe, it will blow your mind. Have it as a dipping sauce or as a spread for sandwiches, it is amazing. Want to turn normal potatoes into extraordinary add a touch of my sauce.
About this Recipe
Szechwan cuisine, also known as Sichuan cuisine or Szechuan cuisine, is a type of Chinese cuisine that originated in Sichuan Province. It has strong flavours, especially pungency and spiciness from the liberal use of garlic and chilli peppers, as well as the distinct flavour of Sichuan pepper. Kung Pao Chicken and Yuxiang shredded pork are
two examples. Within Sichuan Province and the neighbouring Chongqing Municipality, which was part of Sichuan Province until 1997, there are numerous local variations. Chongqing, Chengdu, Zigong, and Buddhist vegetarian style are the four sub-styles of Sichuan cuisine.
Why is it called schezwan?
The name Sichuan is commonly thought to mean four rivers, and in folk etymology, this is usually taken to mean four of the provinces major rivers: the Jialing, Jinsha (or Wu), Min, and Tuo.
Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice
Spicy Schezwan Noodles
Hot Schezwan Potatoes
Cheesy Schezwan Veg Dosa
Ingredients for Hot Schezwan Pasta Recipe
Schezwan Sauce :
Szechuan Sauce has a savoury and slightly sweet flavour profile with hints of soy, garlic, ginger, and mild vinegar notes.
When chewed, good pasta will have a chewy texture with a bounce. These are qualities that cannot be determined until the pasta has been cooked, but if the pasta wants to stick together after cooking or has an overly soft texture when chewed.
Black Pepper Powder :
Black pepper is one of the worlds most popular spices and may have numerous health benefits. Piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, may fight free radicals and improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Schezwan Pasta Recipe
For Schezwan Sauce: (makes 1 cup sauce)
- 30 Dry Red Chillies
- 20 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp Ginger grated
- 3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder if you have schezwan pepper use them
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 200 grams Spaghetti or any pasta
- Water lots of it
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Peas i used frozen
- Coriander leaves or Parsley a handful finely chopped
- ½ cup Cheese grated
- Take dry chillies and cut the top open. Remove the seeds out of it. You can just invert it and roll between your hands, the seeds just fall off.Now take the chillies and add it to a sauce pan. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. Simmer it for 5 mins.By this time the chillies must have plumped up. Drain chillies. Reserve the water, you need that for grinding.Take the chillies in a blender add the reserved water slowly and make them into a paste. Set aside till use.
- Now heat oil in a sauce pan. Add in garlic and ginger. Fry it for couple of mins.Now add in the chilli paste and mix well. Now add in ketchup, soya sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix well.Simmer this sauce for 5 to 8 mins.Now the sauce is done. Cool this and store in a clean air tight container refrigerated.
- Now cook pasta in boiling salted water as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- When the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a pan. Add in sauce and cook well.
- Add in peas and toss well.
- Add in the cooked drained hot pasta and mix well.
- Add in parsley and cheese and mix well.
Schezwan Pasta Recipe Step by Step
How to Make Schezwan Sauce
How to Make Schezwan Pasta
Divine! It's look great. It's healthy to cook sauce at home. I love this idea.