Kadambur Poli Recipe or Kadamburi Boli Recipe is a popular south indian sweet. This taste delicious and makes a perfect diwali sweet.
Kadambur Boli Recipe - Kadamburi Poli Recipe - Diwali Sweets Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious sweet and soft kadambur boli recipe made the traditional way. This poli not only taste amazing but is pretty easy to make as well.
Puran poli is one of my favourite sweet. For me puran poli has to be soft, flaky and thin..When you try to make them at home they turn out to be like a thick stuffed paratha, but the store bought ones are super thin and soft. This kadambur poli is complete different from that, it is thick and has a rich jaggery chana dal mix. This has an addition of coconut too. Taste so delicious
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Check out my pooran poli recipe too.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Kadambur Boli Recipe - Kadamburi Poli Recipe - Diwali Sweets Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Water as needed
- Oil - 3 to 4 tblsp
- Chana Dal - 1 cup
- Jaggery - ¾ cup
- Coconut - ¼ cup grated
- Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Take flour, salt and turmeric powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and knead to a soft dough. Apply oil all over and knead well. Apply some oil and set aside for 30 mins to rest.
- Pressure cook chana dal for 3 whistle. Take it off the heat and let the steam escape by itself.
- Drain it completely. If the chana dal is cooked very well then mash using a ladle. If it is little hard to mash then pulse the mix in a blender till smooth.
- Take chana dal in a kadai. Add in jaggery and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add coconut and cook till leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and ghee and mix well. Set aside to cool. Now shape small balls from it and set aside.
- Grease a banana leaf with little oil or ghee.
- Take a dough and place the filling in the center and seal the edges.
- Now flatten it with oiled hands till it is like a thick roti.
- Cook on a hot pan till golden on both sides. Use ghee when making the poli.
- Serve hot.
Kadampoor Poli Recipe with step by step pictures
1)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
2)Add in turmeric powder and salt.
4)Knead to a soft dough
5)Apply oil all over it.
7)Apply some more oil and cover. Leave to rest for 30mins.
8)Take chana dal in a pressure cooker
10)Cook till done. Drain it. If the chana dal is cooked well, then mash using a ladle till smooth. If not take it in a blender and pulse few times till it is smooth.
11)Take jaggery in a kadai.
12)Add in pureed chana dal.
14)Mix well and keep cooking.
15)Cook till it thickens
16)Add cardamom powder
17)Cook till it starts to leave the sides
19)Now it is done.
20)Divide the dough and filling into equal balls
21)Take a banana leaf
22)Grease with some ghee or oil
23)Place a dough ball and flatten it
24)Place the filling
25)Seal the edges
28)Place on a hot pan.
29)Flip over and cook.
30)Apply ghee on both sides and cook till golden