This is one of most requested recipe in my recipe box..I was asked to do this for so many months, but somehow didn’t have time to make it. Finally the day came yesterday and I made it, the result is WOW, it does tasted like storebought kaju katli. Everyone enjoyed it a lot specially my sister, who cannot stop eating it.
I hope you will make this for diwali and let me know how it turned out.
- Cashewnuts - 1 cup Powdered
- Sugar - ½ cup heaped
- Ghee - 1 tsp for greasing
- Water - ¼ cup
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Add sugar and water to it. Mix well will a spoon.
- Bring that to a boil and simmer them for 5-8 mins till they form one string consistency.
- To check that take few drops of sugar syrup between your fingers and it should form a string when your press between them(check image). Or you can add few drops of sugar syrup in a bowl of cold water, the sugar syrup wont get dissolved. Or you can take the sugar syrup in a spoon and invert them, the last drop falling from the spoon forms a string like consistency.
- Once the sugar has reached this consistency. Add the cashew powder to it and mix well.
- Mix them for 3-4 mins till the mixture leaves the sides and form a sticky dough.
- Transferred that to a ghee greased plate and let them cool for 5 mins.
- Now grease your hands too and knead them till they get into a smooth ball.
- Grease a rolling pin and roll them into a rectangle.
- Cut them into squares and serve..
|You will need Cashew Powder, Sugar, Water. Ghee|
|Take sugar in a thick bottom kadai|
|add some water|
|Cook till it is a one string consistency|
|Press it between your hands, it will form a string|
|Now add in the powdered cashewnuts|
|and mix well|
|Mix well till it forms a ball|
|It will start to leave the sides|
|Transfer that to a ghee greased plate|
|and knead till it forms a soft dough|
|grease a rolling pin and roll it into a rectangle|
|It is pretty easy to roll too|
|Cut into squares|