Barbeque Nation Cajun Spiced Potatoes with Step by Step Pictures.
If you have ever gone to barbeque nation then you must have tasted cajun spiced potatoes. It is their signature recipe and taste absolutely delicious.
I wanted to make it at home for a very long time and finally made it few days back and guess what it was super hit. It was easy to make as well.
The key to perfect potatoes is
1)Double frying the potatoes for maximum crispness.
2)Use baby potatoes with skins on.
3)Dont over boil the potatoes.
4)Taste and adjust the seasoning of the sauce. Add little sugar to balance it.
You will love my crispy vegetable recipe too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Baby Potatoes - 20
- Cornflour - 1/4 cup
- Water - as needed
- Onion - 3 tblsp chopped
- Coriander leaves as needed
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Paprika - 1 tblsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Parsley - 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 2 tsp
- Onion Powder - 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Boil baby potatoes in a pressure cooker for 2 whistle. Drain and Set aside to cool.
- Smash each potato little.
- Coat potatoes in cornflour mix and drop in oil. Fry till golden.
- Drain and set aside.
- Now after 2 mins, drop the potatoes back in oil and fry till super crispy. Drain and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for sauce in a bowl.
- Pour it over potatoes and toss well.
- Spoon this in a plate, top with more sauce, onion and coriander leaves.
2)Adjust the sauce as per your taste.
1)Boil some baby potatoes and cool it.
2)Take the potatoes
3)Smash it lightly
5)Take cornflour in a bowl and add little water and make a slurry
6)Coat potatoes in the mix
7)Drop in hot oil
8)Fry till crispy. Drain and set aside for 2 mins.
9)Drop again in hot oil and fry till crispy
10)Drain it in a bowl
11)Now make the sauce. Take mayonnaise in a bowl
12)Add in oregano, parsley
13)Add in thyme
14)Add in garlic powder
15)Add in onion powder
16)Add paprika powder
17)Add in black pepper powder
18)Mix well. Add little milk if the sauce is too thick.
19)Pour sauce over potatoes
20)Toss well, add onions and mix well
21)Spoon potatoes in a plate, spoon sauce over
22)Top with paprika and coriander leaves