Last Updated on December 29, 2020
Lemon Cupcakes Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Soft buttery cupcakes flavoured with lemon zest and topped with lemony buttercream frosting.
This cupcakes has fluffy and tender crumbs with lemony butter frosting which taste so soft and yummy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Unsalted Butter - 125 grams ½ cup
- Sugar - 125 grams ½ cup + 2 tblsp
- Lemon Zest - from 2 lemons
- Eggs - 2
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 150 grams 1 ¼ cup
- Baking Powder - ¼ tsp
- Unsalted Butter - 75 grams ⅓ cup
- Icing Sugar - 125 grams 1 cup
- Lemon Zest - from 1 lemon
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp or 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- Mix flour with baking powder and mix well.
- Take butter and sugar in a bowl. Add in lemon zest and whip till fluffy
- Now add in eggs one at a time and beat till fluffy.
- Add in flour and fold gently. if batter is too thick add little milk.
- Now scoop this into muffin pan and bake for 10 to 12 mins till done.
- While cupcakes are cooling. Make frosting.
- Take butter, icing sugar in a bowl and whip till creamy.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice and beat till fluffy and light,
- Once cupcakes are cooled. frost with the lemon frosting and serve.
1)Take butter in a bowl
2)Beat till creamy
3)Add in sugar
4)Beat till creamy
5)Add in lemon zest
6)Beat till creamy
7)Add in egg. one egg at a time.
8)Beat till creamy
9)Add in another egg
10)beat till creamy
12)now it is fluffy
13)Take flour in a bowl
14)Add in baking powder
17)If too thick add little milk
18)Line muffin pan with cupcake cases
19)Fill with batter
20)Bake till done
21)Now make buttercream. Take butter and icing sugar and mix till creamy
22)Grate in lemon zest
23)Add lemon juice
25)Take cupcakes in a bowl
26)Top with buttercream