Methi Chicken Recipe – Fenugreek Leaves Chicken Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super fragrant and tasty chicken dish made using methi leaves. This chicken dish taste great with rice, roti, phulka as well.
When i was looking for dinner inspiration online, i came across a picture of a spicy chicken curry served with some naan. I got so inspired from that so i made it almost immediately.
This chicken dish is so easy to make, you dont need coconut or any other stuffs. If you use larger chicken pieces then it will be more tasty. I used small cut chicken because that what i had on hand.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
- Onion - 2 large chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Green Chilli - 2 slit
- Tomato - 3 pureed
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Leaves - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add shahi jeera.
- Add onions and cook till golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and chillies. Saute for a min.
- Add in tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
- Add in chicken and stir well
- Add in salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add water and cook chicken for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now add in whisked yogurt and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in methi leaves and mix well.
- Add in garam masala powder and coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add shahi jeera
2)Add in chopped onions
3)Saute till golden
4)Add in ginger garlic paste and green chillies
5)Cook till golden
6)Add in tomato puree
7)Cook till the raw smell leaves
8)Add in chicken
10)Cook till chicken is well seared
11)Add in chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder
12)Add in salt
13)Add in kashmiri chilli powder
14)Add water as needed
16)Add in yogurt
17)Mix well. Simmer for 10 mins.
18)Add in fenugreek leaves and simmer for 2 mins. I used dry fenugreek leaves
19)Add garam masala
20)Add coriander leaves