Delicious refreshing summer drink made using milk, nannari sarbath and basil seeds. This a popular drink across tamilnadu.
Paal sarbath or milk sarbath is a traditional beverage made using sabja seeds, milk and nannari root syrup. The drink is very good for health and it is particularly consumed during summer since nannari and sabja are both a natural coolant for our body.
This is a cool refreshing drink on this hot summer day. It is really hot in my place and i am making lots of cool drinks. Sabja is one ingredients which naturally cools your body. I used my homemade nannari sarbath in this drink.
I like to add sabja in my juices to make it look more presentable and tasty. It is actually very good for you too.
How to Soak & Bloom Sabja (Basil Seeds)
- Take some water, preferable cold water.
- Add sabja seeds. For every 1 tsp sabja seeds you would be needing ¼ cup of cold water.
- Let the basil seeds soak for at least 15 mins till it gets plump.
- You can add this soaked sabja in falooda, lemonade or any juice.
- Soaked sabja | basil seeds can be stored in fridge for up to a week.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Paal Sarbath Recipe | Milk Sarbath
- 1 cup Cold Milk
- 1 tsp Sabja | Basil Seeds
- 2 tbsp Nannari Sarbath
- Take sabja in a bowl, add some water and leave it to soak for 10 mins.
- Now take all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour it into glass and serve cold.
Milk Sarbath Preparation (Step by Step)
1)take sabja seeds in a bowl
2)add water and let it soak
3)let it soak for 10 mins
4)Take your ingredients
5)take nannari sarbath in a bowl
6)you can add nannari syrup to your taste
9)add cold milk