Mutton Coconut Milk Curry Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Spicy mutton curry with coconut milk is one of the easiest dish you could ever make. There are few techniques for getting tastiest mutton curry. Cook chicken till it is well brown and seared for best taste. This sears all the flavour inside the mutton itself and makes it so succulent and tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mutton Coconut Milk Curry
- Mutton - 500 grams cubed
- Coconut Oil - ¼ cup
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Elakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 2 large chopped finely
- Curry leaves a handful
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 3 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblps
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tblsp
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 15 peeled
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - a handful chopped
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add in whole spices. Add onions and curry leaves and cook till onion is golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 min.
- Add in mutton and stir fry for 10 mins. Cook till the water dries.
- Now add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in tomato and cook till mushy.
- Add in water and pressure cook for 4 whistle. Once pressure is released.
- Open the cooker and add in shallots, green chillies and tomato. Cook for 10 mins.
- Add in coconut milk and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in pepper and coriander leaves and mix well.
2)Adding whole small onions adds nice sweet taste to the curry.
1)heat coconut oil in a pressure cooker
2)Add in whole spices
3)Add in chopped onions
4)Cook till golden brown
5)Add in curry leaves
6)Add ginger garlic paste and cook
7)saute till onion is golden
8)Add in mutton
9)Saute till mutton is well seared. it will take around 10 mins.
10)Cook till all water evaporates and mutton is well brown
11)Add in tomatoes
12)Add in spice powders
16)Add in water
17)Pressure cook for 4 whistle.
18)Add in shallots, tomatoes and green chillies
19)Mix well and cook for 10 more mins
20)Now it is done
21)Add in coconut milk
22)Mix well and simmer for 5 mins
23)Add in freshly ground black pepper powder
24)Add coriander leaves
This curry was absolutely amazing. I loved cooking it and sharing it with my family
best astrologer in chennai
wow it's look like mouth watering and very tasty
Thanks For sharing, it is nice information
very good site
Thank you for sharing delicious recipe this curry was so yummy
very good recipe....
Loved your recipe. I will definitely try this.
I would love to try this website. This recipe is too yummy.
Capricorn horoscope today
Wow this mutton coconut milk curry tastes so good! As a foodie am definitely going to share this recipe with my community.
Great post! you explore this topic in a very effective way I want to appreciate your work, thank you for sharing such useful information!!