Rose Falooda with Step by Step Pictures. Delicious refreshing rose flavoured falooda which taste amazing and easy to make.
Falooda is my favourite ice cream to order whenever we dine out. I always wanted to post that recipe here in this blog. It is not the traditional falooda recipe. It is a version of the falooda, it is called as rose falooda.
About this Recipe
A falooda is a cold dessert made with noodles in Mughlai Indian cuisine. It derives from the Persian dish faloodeh, with variants found throughout West, Central, and South Asia. It is traditionally made by combining rose syrup, vermicelli, and sweet basil seeds with milk and is frequently served with ice cream. Vermicelli used in falooda preparation is made from wheat, arrowroot, cornstarch, or sago. Falooda made with sharbat syrup lacks a key component of the authentic milkshake';s flavour and simply tastes like rose water with milk. Furthermore, store-bought falooda syrup contains ingredients that should not be in a child drink.
I have already shared a falooda recipe in this blog..I have one more recipe for falooda to share, which i call as royal falooda and it is on my top favorite list.
Who invented the falooda?
Faloodas origins can be traced back to Iran (Persia), where a similar dessert, faloodeh, was popular. The dessert arrived in Medieval India with the numerous Central Asian dynasties that invaded and settled in the Indian subcontinent from the 16th to the 18th centuries.
Ingredients for Rose Falooda Recipe :
Rose Milk Essence:
Rose Milk Essence has analgesic, bronchodilator, anti-convulsant, anti-microbial, laxative, antidepressant, antiallergenic, and anti-inflammatory properties. milk helps with skincare, eye care, brain function, indigestion, digestive health, and infection prevention.
Sabja Seeds :
Sabja seeds, also known as falooda seeds, basil seeds, or tukmaria seeds, are a nutritional powerhouse with immunity-boosting properties. These tiny seeds are frequently confused with chia seeds.
Sweetened Condensed Milk :
Sweetened condensed milk is cooked until it thickens and becomes a creamy caramel-like pudding that can be used in a variety of dessert recipes. Its delicious on its own, with ice cream, in coffee, or spread on apple slices.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Rose Falooda Recipe
- For Rose Syrup:
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Rose Milk Essence - few drops
- For Vermicelli:
- Vermicelli - a handful
- Water as needed
- For Rosemilk:
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - ¼ cup
- Rose Syrup as needed
- For Assembling:
- Icecreams - any of your choice Strawberry, Vanilla
- Sabja Seeds - 2 tblspn
- Water - ½ cup or more
- Cook the vermicelli, boil vermicelli in water till they are done. Now drain it and wash it under cold water. Set that aside till use.
- Make rose syrup, take sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 1 min, take it off the heat and add in few drops of rosemilk essence. MIx well and set aside.
- Make the rose milk, boil 2 cups of milk with sugar and condensed milk till it is reduced by half, Take it off the stove and add in rose syrup. Mix well. Set this in fridge till use.
- Take sabja seeds in a bowl and add in water. Mix well and set aside for 5 mins.
- Now time to assemble, Take a tall glass, add little rose milk syrup inthe bottom of the glass, Add in vermicelli and sabja seeds. add some rosemilk, Add scoops of vanilla icecreams. Top off with cashews and cherries.Serve immediately.
Rose Falooda Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|