Spicy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious stir fry with chicken and cashews.
This is a quick side dish for any indo chinese meal. But extremely tasty and spicy. Love it to the core. I loved the crunchy that the cashews with all the sauces and the spicy note from the chillies. Normally they use red chilli paste for this, since i didn't have it on hand, i used red chilli powder and mixed it with the sauce and it was perfect.
About this Recipe
Stir frying is a Chinese cooking technique that involves frying ingredients in a small amount of very hot oil while stirring or tossing them in a wok. The technique originated in China and has since spread throughout Asia and the Western world. In Western cooking, it is similar to sautéing.
Cashew chicken is a Chinese-American dish made with chicken, cashews, and either a light brown garlic sauce or a thick sauce made with chicken stock, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
Where do stir fry originate from?
Stir-frying originated in China as a cooking method that worked wellon simple brick stoves. A hole over the fire chamber was typical of a stovetop. A round-bottomed wok fit over the lipped hole, efficiently capturing the heat. It only took a small, hot fire to get the wok very hot.
Ingredients for Spicy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Boneless Chicken :
The skin of boneless chicken is typically removed during the process of removing the bones. As a result, it is sometimes thought to be healthier. The skin may help prevent the chicken from drying out during cooking, allowing for more moisture and flavour.
When paired with all-purpose flour, cornstarch helps prevent gluten development, which makes the flour coating crispier, and absorb moisture (from the frying and the chicken), which also means a crispier coating.
Soy Sauce :
Soy sauce is a traditional Chinese condiment that is widely used in East Asia to add flavour to a variety of cooked foods as well as to aid digestion. Sauce is made from fermented soybean paste, roasted grain, brine, and the mould Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae.
Cashews contain a lot of starch, which will thicken sauces just like flour and potatoes do. The use of cashews over flour, for example, has the advantage of adding a lot of flavour to the sauce.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry with Cashews
- Boneles Chicken - ¼ kg chopped into small piece
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - ½ cup
- Egg - 1
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Cashews - 50 grams
- Ginger - 1 tblspn chopped finely
- Garlic - 6 fat cloves chopped finely
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 3 large sliced at a angle
- White Part of 2 Spring Onions chopped
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tblspn
- Green Chilli Sauce - 1 tblspn
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Green Part of 2 Spring Onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the sauces and red chilli powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Start by making sauce by heating oil, add in cashews and fry till golden. Add in ginger garlic and saute for 30 sec.
- Now add in onions and spring onion white part. Mix well. Add in chillies and saute till golden.
- Now add in the sauce and mix well. Heat this till it is thick. Set the sauce aside for a min.
- Now mix egg, salt, pepper, cornflour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken in and mix well. Drop the chicken in hot oil and fry till golden. Drain and set aside.
- Now heat the sauce again and drop the chicken in. Toss well.
- Add in spring onion green part and toss. Serve hot.
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with step by step
|Take all your ingredients|