Sweet Idiyappam Recipe – Sweet Sevai Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious sevai recipe which is perfect for breakfast or as a evening snack. Taste amazing with a cup of chai or coffee.
I have never tried my hands on storebought sevai, even though i have seen them in super markets. I have never purchased them. But last time i thought of picking a packet to try. On that breakfast i made three types of sevai upma. I made tomato sevai, plain sevai and sweet sevai. Hubby loved the plain sevai and sweet sevai and lot and told me to make these quite often.
I still have to make tamarind sevai and coconut sevai. If you have any other sevai idea just let me know.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rice Sevai - 1 packet
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup + as needed
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Cashews - 10 chopped
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Heat water in a pan, add in salt. Bring it to a boil. Add in sevai and cook as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Take jaggery, water, coconut in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, simmer for 5 to 6 mins till it thickens. Add in cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now pour this over the sevai and toss well.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashews and fry till golden.
- Add in sevai and toss well.
- Serve hot.
1)You can use any store bought sevai. I prefer this one.
2)Heat water in a sauce pan, Add salt
3)Add in sevai and cook as per package directions
4)Drain and set aside.
5)Now make the syrup. Take jaggery in a sauce pan.
6)Add in coconut.
8)Boil till syrupy
9)Cook till it thickens
10)Now it is done.
11)Add in cardamom powder
13)Take sevai in a bowl.
14)Add the syrup over.
16)Heat ghee in a pan.
18)Fry till golden
19)Add in sevai
21)Now it is done.