Thengai Paal Puli Kuzhambu with step by step pictures.
I love puli kuzhambu. The taste of puli kulambu is somewhat tangy, spicy and very flavourful. It is a perfect combination with rice.
We are always looking for recipes to make everyday like kulambu, poriyal and sidedishes for rice. This puli kulambu will become your favorite. It is easy to make and taste amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds / Methi / Vendayam - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Puli kulambu podi - 2 to 4 tblsp
- Salt to tatse
- Jaggery / Sugar - 1 tsp
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add in shallots, garlic,and cook for 2 mins.
- Add in salt, spice powders and toast for 2 mins.
- Add in tamarind water, water, and mix well.
- Add in jaggery and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Add in coconut milk and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
1)Heat oil in a kadai
2)Add in mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and dry red chillies
3)Add in peeled shallots and garlic
4)Saute for a min
5)Cook till it is done
6)Add in pulikulambu masala. Recipe here
7)Saute for 1 to 2 mins
8)Add in tamarind puree
9)Add in water
11)Add little sugar or jaggery to taste
12)Cook till it thickens
13)Add in thick coconut milk