Chicken Soba Noodles Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Chicken Soba Noodles Recipe is a easy week night dinner recipe, this can be made in under 30 mins from start to finish. This is fast to make and taste amazing.
Soba noodles is a pantry staple. It has a long shelf life, You can buy it and store in your pantry for months. You can add soba to soups, stir fry or serve with any sauces too. Soba noodles is made using buck wheat so it is healthier for you than other noodles.
Source from wiki Soba (そば or 蕎麦) is the Japanese name for buckwheat. It usually refers to thin noodles made from buckwheat flour, or a combination of buckwheat and wheat flours (Nagano soba). They contrast to thick wheat noodles, called udon. Soba noodles are served either chilled with a dipping sauce, or in hot broth as a noodle soup.
Soba can nutritionally complement other grains like white rice and wheat flour. Thiamine, missing from white rice, is present in soba. Soba contains all eight essential amino acids, including lysine, which is lacking in wheat flour. The tradition of eating soba arose in the Edo period.
I have made few recipes using soba noodles, here are the links for you.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Soba Noodles - 200grams
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced
- Tomato - 2 large chopped
- Capsicum - 1 sliced
- Ginger Garlic Paste -1 tblsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 1/4 cup
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Peri peri masala - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chicken breast - 2 sliced thinly
- Boil soba noodles in salted boiling water as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in onions, capsicum and saute for a min.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add in tomatoes and cook for 2 mins.
- Add spice powders, ketchup, salt and mix well.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Add in 1/2 cup to 1 cup water and mix well.
- Add cooked noodles and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 2 mins.
- Serve hot.
1)Cook soba noodles in salted boiling water
2)Drain and set aside
3)heat oil in a pan
3)Add in onions and capsicum and saute for couple of mins
4)Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min
6)Cook that for few mins
7)Add spice powders
8)Add in salt
10)Add chicken and mix well
12)Add in cooked noodles
14)Cover and cook on low heat