Wasabi Mayonnaise Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Wasabi Mayo Recipe with Step by Step Photos. How to Make Wasabi Mayonnaise. How to Make Wasabi Mayo.
Learn How to Make Mayonnaise or Mayo using Stick Blender or Hand Blender
Wasabi Mayonnaise is a very popular condiment in japan. It is served in many restaurants along with fried tempura. Today i tried recreating the recipe and it was super hit. The tempura turned out super crispy. I will soon share the recipe of tempura.
I have a serious addiction towards mayonnaise. I have shared so many version of mayo here. This wasabi flavoured mayonnaise was on my list for a very long time. Finally i made it and it was delicious.
I have made many version of mayonnaise here. You can check it out.
“This Mayonnaise stays good for over a week in fridge in a air tight jar”
Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe / How to Make Mayonnaise without Eggs. How to Make Mayonnaise without Oil
How to Make Perfect Mayonnaise All the Time:
1)Using immersion blender also known as hand blender, stick blender is best for making mayonnaise. You can easily find it online or any shops these days. I use philips immersion blender.
2)Always use room temperature eggs for making mayonnaise, which creates emulsification fast.
3)Pour in oil in a slow steady stream which helps in emulsification.
4)Don’t over blend the mayo else it may split. but don’t worry i will share tricks on how to use the split mayonnaise.
5)if you don’t have stick blender, use food processor. I won’t advice you to use a regular blender because there are chances that it may split.
What to do if Mayonnaise splits?
- If your mayo splits. Take fresh bowl and add in a new batch of egg yolks. Then take the split mayonnaise mix and slowly pour it into the new egg yolk instead of oil and keep blending. You will get proper emulsification. Dont throw away the curdled mayonnaise.
- Try adding little hot water and mix. It may help to thicken the mayonnaise.
Frequently asked questions about Wasabi
1)What is Wasabi?
Wasabi is a spice traditionally prepared from a plant from the cabbage family. Its root is used as a spice and has a very strong flavour. The root is smashed up into paste and used as a condiment.
2)What does Wasabi Taste Like?
Wasabi is spicy. It taste similar to mustard, horseradish which irritates nose than tongue.
3)Where is Wasabi Originated?
Wasabi grows in japan and it’s near by places. It is consumed more in japan. Often it is served with sushi.
4)Why is Wasabi Expensive?
Some Japanese sushi restaurants will grate the wasabi plant fresh when ordered, forming a paste. True wasabi roots are difficult to grow, and a pound can cost up to $100
5)Where can i buy Wasabi in india?
Wasabi can be very expensive. I bought mine from amazon. I will try to add a link in this post. I bought it in paste form. You can buy it in powder form too. This is the wasabi paste which i bought from amazon.
Few Variations you can make in this mayonnaise.
- You can add garlic instead of wasabi.
- You can add chilli flakes if you need some spicy ness.
- Add any herbs of your choice to make a herby mayonnaise. Options are finely chopped parsley, coriander, basil or dill
- Add cheese powder for a cheesy mayonnaise.
- Add peri peri spice mix for a spicy mayonnaise.
- Take a head of garlic in a foil. drizzle little oil over it. Wrap it and pop it into a 180 degree c oven for 20 to 25 mins. Remove it from oven. Cool it down. Squeeze the garlic to get the roasted garlic flesh. Mash it and add it into mayonnaise for roasted garlic mayonnaise.
- Horseradish mayo is quite popular
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Egg Yolk - from 1 egg
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Mustard Sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Wasabi Paste - 1 tsp
- Take egg yolk in a small bowl, add lemon juice, mustard sauce and blend using a immersion blender.
- Now add in oil slowly and keep blending.
- Once all oil is added. add in salt and wasabi paste and mix well.
- Refrigerate for few hours.
- Serve with any fried snacks
2)Add 1 tsp wasabi powder with some water to form a paste. You can add that instead of wasabi paste.
3)You can add garlic instead of wasabi.
4)You can add chilli flakes if you need some spicyness.
5)Use flavourless oil for best results.
6)Using immersion blender is best. you can use hand blender or food processor too.
7)if you dont have mustard sauce use mustard powder.
8)Vinegar can be used instead of lemon juice.
9)Use room temparature egg for best result.
10)This mayonnaise can be stored in fridge for a week.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)You need a stick blender
3)Take egg yolk in a bowl
4)Add in mustard sauce
5)Add lemon juice
6)Use stick blender to puree it.
7)Now slowly add in the oil in steady stream
8)Blend till mixed well
9)Now it is thickened
10)Add more oil and keep bllending
11)Now the texture is right
12)Add in salt
13)Add in wasabi
14)Add in a blob of it. I used wasabi paste. you can use wasabi powder too. In that case, mix it with little water and use.
15)Add it in