Aval Kara Pongal Recipe – Spicy Poha Pongal Recipewith Step wise pictures.
This recipe is perfect for this occasion. Krishna jayanthy is around the corner, so this is the perfect time to make this. It is made using poha and it comes together under 30 mins. You can serve it for breakfast with some chutney or sambar.
Here are my krishna jayanthy recipe collection.
- Poha / Flattened Rice - 1 cup
- Split Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - ¼ cup
- Ghee - 3 tblsp + 2 tsp
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Cashews - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped
- Take 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add washed moong dal and roast for a min.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook till it is done. Set aside.
- Now in a separate pan, heat 1 tsp ghee and roast poha for few mins. Add 1.5 cups of water and cook till poha is done. Now add the moong dal, mix well.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add all the spices and cashews and toast till golden. Pour it over the pongal and mix well.
- Cook everything together till it thickens.
1)Heat ghee in a pan, add moong dal. This is already washed and dried moong dal
2)Roast for few mins
3)Now add water and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, simmer the flame and cover with a lid. Cook covered for 15 to 20 mins till dal is cooked.
4)Now dal is cooked.
5)Take 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add poha / flattened rice and roast for couple of mins.
6)Now it is well toasted.
7)Add in water and cook till poha is done.
8)Now poha is well cooked.
9)Add in moong dal to it.
11)Add salt to taste
12)Now it is all mixed well
13)Heat ghee in a pan
14)Add in cumin seeds
15)Add in black pepper
16)Add in cashew nuts
17)Add in curry leaves
18)Add in some green chillies
19)Let everything sizzle up
20)Pour over the pongal